Institute for Pentecostal Studies
Is a collaboration between the Centre for Multidisciplinary Research on Religion and Society (CRS), Uppsala University and Akademi för Ledarskap och Teologi (ALT), Örebro to further research on pentecostalism in Sweden and internationally.
- Pentecostal Christianity is the world’s second largest Christian tradition with circa 600 million members worldwide.
- The majority of Pentecostal Christians are to be found in the global south, but the tradition is also growing in Europe and North America.
- Research on Pentecostalism is an expanding field and touches on both religious and social studies.
- Through the Institute for Pentecostal Studies CRS and ALT collaborate with the European research network Glopent (European Research Network on Global Pentecostalism) and are represented in the steering committee for this network.
- The Institute för Pentecostal Studies runs research projects, seminars and conferences and thereby offers resources and a research environment for researchers working in fields with connections to Pentecostal Chrisitianity.
During 2020-2021 IPS will be running a seminar series, the programme can be found here
For more information on the initiative and activities organised by the Institute for Pentecostal Studies contact coordinator: Torbjörn Aronson.
More information and resources are also avaliable on:
- IPS own webpage
- The website for Glopent (European Research Network on Global Pentecostalism